Today, I’m going to share with you my go-to, two-ingredient snacks.
I think a snack made from just two ingredients is just about perfect.
Because let’s face it: we all have times when we just don’t have a spare moment, the patience, or the will to cook anything…we simply need instant gratification.
In fact, for a lot of us, that’s pretty much the state we’re usually in when we need a snack.
I personally enjoy a snack most days in the late afternoon to bridge the gap between lunch and dinner.
And I rarely want to put much thought or effort into it.
So that’s when I rely on a strategic and quick pairing of two ingredients that are satisfying and taste great together.
And the truth is; simplicity can lead to deliciousness.
To making snacking as easy as can be for you (while still healthy, satisfying, and tasty)…
Here are a few of my favorite pairings for snacks:
- 1 medjool date + 2 teaspoons peanut butter or almond butter or
- + 5 almonds or
- + 1 square dark chocolate
- 1/2 banana + 8 almonds
- 1 romaine leaf + 1/2 avocado and 2 slices tomato or + 1 teaspoon mustard and 1 oz sliced raw goat cheese
- + 2 teaspoons nut butter and 1/2 banana
- 1/2 apple, sliced + 2 teaspoons peanut, almond, or cashew butter
- 3 dried figs or prunes + 8 almonds or cashews
- 1 square dark chocolate + 1/2 cup berries or + 8 almonds
- 1/2 red bell pepper + 1/4 cup hummus
- 1/2 avocado + sprinkle of sea salt
- 1 slice sprouted grain toast + 1/4 mashed avocado or + 1 tablespoon hummus or
- + 2 teaspoons peanut or almond butter
Do you have favorite go-to healthy snacks that are tasty and easy to prepare? I’d love to hear about them on my Facebook page. So please stop by and share!